Xunying Liu ΑυΡΣΆ
Postdoctoral researcher positions, PhD positions and Research Assistantships currently available.
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD please CONTACT ME. You can find potential topical areas below. Full funding support for suitable PhD candiates are vailable from sources such as the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship, a prestigious award open every year for application. Students from outside Hong Kong and China are also encouraged to apply.
- Machine learning
- Large vocabulary continuous speech recognition
- Language modelling
- Speech synthesis
- Speech and language processing
- Assitive technologies
- Big data analytics
- Xurong Xie, Xunying Liu, Tan Lee, Shoukang Hu and Lan Wang.
BLHUC: BAYESIAN LEARNING OF HIDDEN UNIT CONTRIBUTIONS FOR DEEP NEURAL NETWORK SPEAKER ADAPTATION, Best Student Paper Award, IEEE ICASSP2019, Brighton, UK.
- Shansong Liu, Shoukang Hu, Yi Wang, Jianwei Yu, Rongfeng Su, Xunying Liu and Helen Meng. Exploiting Visual Features using Bayesian Gated Neural Networks for Disordered Speech Recognition, ISCA Student Paper Award Nomination, ISCA Interspeech2019, Graz, Austria.
- Xunying Liu, Yongqian Wang, Xie Chen, Mark J. F. Gales and Philip C. Woodland.
Efficient Lattice Rescoring Using Recurrent Neural Network
Language Models, Paper Award Nomination, IEEE ICASSP2014, Florence, Italy.
- Xunying Liu, Mark J. F. Gales and Philip C. Woodland.
Language Model Cross Adaptation For LVCSR System Combination,
Best Paper Award, ISCA Interspeech2010, Makuhari, Japan.
Some of my published or on-going research work may be
or on third party sites such as ResearchGate, DPLP, and less reliably in GoogleScholar.
- Hong Kong Research Grant Council Theme Based Research Scheme
- Hong Kong Research Grant Council General Research Fund
- Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Fund Innovation and Technology Support Programme
- Hong Kong Jockey Club AI Academy Education Development Grant
- Shun Hing Institute of Advanced Engineering
- Microsoft Research Asia Collaborative Research Grant
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong Direct Allocation Grant
- SEEM4540: Open Systems for E-Commerce (UG: 2019)
- SEEM5160: Advanced Data Science for Systems Engineering (PhD/MPhil: 2019)
- ENGG1110: Problem Solving by Programming (Year 1 Undergraduate: 2016, 2017, 2018)
- ENGG1410: Linear Algebra and Vector Calculus for Engineers (Year 1 Undergraduate: 2016, 2017, 2018)
- SEEM5330: Speech and Language Processing (PhD/MPhil: 2017, 2018)
- Junhao Xu (PhD, from 2018)
- Mengzhe Geng (PhD, from 2019)
- Guinan Li (PhD, from 2020)
- Jiajun Deng (PhD, from 2020)
- Zengrui Jin (PhD, from 2020)
- Mingyu Cui (PhD, from 2021)
- Xiang Hao (PhD, from 2021)
- Shujie Hu (PhD, from 2021)
- Tianzi Wang (PhD, from 2021)
- Boyang Xue (PhD, from 2021)
- Yi Wang (MPhil, from 2021, co-supervised with Prof. Helen Meng)
- Zhaoqing Li (PhD, from 2022)
- Tao Zhong (PhD, from 2022)
- Shoukang Hu (PhD, 2017-2021, now Postdoc at Nanyang Technological University)
- Shansong Liu (PhD, 2017-2021, now Senior Researcher at Tencent PCG ARC Lab)
- Jianwei Yu (PhD, 2017-2021, now Senior Researcher at Tencent AI Lab)
- Zi Ye (PhD student, 2019-2022)
- Fabian Ritter Gutierrez (Research student, 2020-2021, now Research Engineer at National University of Singapore)
- Xurong Xie (co-supervised PhD at EE Dpt. CUHK 2015-2020 with Prof. Tan Lee, now Research Assistant Professor at Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Rongfeng Su (co-supervised PhD with Prof. Lan Wang now Research Assistant Professor at Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Max Lam (MPhil, 2017-2019, now Senior Researcher at Tencent AI Lab)
Visiting Students and Interns
- Cathleen Law, Winnie Liu, Jinze Sha, Zhiyuan Xu (CUED UG Year 1, CUHK hosted Industrial Placement Jul-Sep 2017)
- Hengfai Chang, Shahang Chen, Calvin Chow, Cindy Lam, Danyi Liu, Yi Wang (CUED UG Year 1 & 2, CUHK hosted Industrial Placement Jul-Sep 2018)
- Chamwing Sin, Wingpan So, Haufung Tang (2017)
- Jiani Chen, Wingchung Lau, Kahei To (2018)
- HTK Version 3.5 Now supports DNN based acoustic modelling and RNN based language model lattice rescoring.
- CUED-RNNLM toolkit for efficient GPU parallel training of RNN based statistical language models.
|Rm. 708, William M.W. Mong
| TEL: +852 3943 8318
| Chinese University of Hong Kong
|| FAX: +852 2603 5505
|Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong