Xunying Liu ΑυΡΣΆ
Postdoctoral researcher positions currently available to start in May 2020.
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD please CONTACT ME. You can find potential topical areas below. Full funding support for suitable PhD candiates are vailable from sources such as the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship, a prestigious award open every year for application. Students from outside Hong Kong and China are also encouraged to apply.
Currently accepting PhD applications to start in the academic year 2020.
- Machine learning
- Large vocabulary continuous speech recognition
- Language modelling
- Speech synthesis
- Speech and language processing
- Assitive technologies
- Big data analytics
- Xurong Xie, Xunying Liu, Tan Lee, Shoukang Hu and Lan Wang.
BLHUC: BAYESIAN LEARNING OF HIDDEN UNIT CONTRIBUTIONS FOR DEEP NEURAL NETWORK SPEAKER ADAPTATION, Best Student Paper Award, IEEE ICASSP2019, Brighton, UK.
- Shansong Liu, Shoukang Hu, Yi Wang, Jianwei Yu, Rongfeng Su, Xunying Liu and Helen Meng. Exploiting Visual Features using Bayesian Gated Neural Networks for Disordered Speech Recognition, ISCA Student Paper Award Nomination, ISCA Interspeech2019, Graz, Austria.
- Xunying Liu, Yongqian Wang, Xie Chen, Mark J. F. Gales and Philip C. Woodland.
Efficient Lattice Rescoring Using Recurrent Neural Network
Language Models, Paper Award Nomination, IEEE ICASSP2014, Florence, Italy.
- Xunying Liu, Mark J. F. Gales and Philip C. Woodland.
Language Model Cross Adaptation For LVCSR System Combination,
Best Paper Award, ISCA Interspeech2010, Makuhari, Japan.
- SEEM4540: Open Systems for E-Commerce (UG: 2019)
- SEEM5160: Advanced Data Science for Systems Engineering (PhD/MPhil: 2019)
- ENGG1110: Problem Solving by Programming (Year 1 Undergraduate: 2016, 2017, 2018)
- ENGG1410: Linear Algebra and Vector Calculus for Engineers (Year 1 Undergraduate: 2016, 2017, 2018)
- SEEM5330: Speech and Language Processing (PhD/MPhil: 2017, 2018)
- Shoukang Hu (PhD, from 2017)
- Shansong Liu (PhD, from 2017)
- Jianwei Yu (PhD, from 2017)
- Junhao Xu (PhD, from 2018)
- Mengzhe Geng (PhD, from 2019)
- Zi Ye (PhD, from 2019)
- Xurong Xie (co-supervised PhD at EE Dpt. CUHK from 2015, with Prof. Tan Lee)
- Rongfeng Su (co-supervised PhD at CAS-CUHK SIAT from 2015, with Prof. Lan Wang)
- Max Lam (MPhil, 2017-2019, now at Tencent AI Lab, Shenzhen)
Visiting Students and Interns
- Cathleen Law, Winnie Liu, Jinze Sha, Zhiyuan Xu (CUED UG Year 1, CUHK hosted Industrial Placement Jul-Sep 2017)
- Hengfai Chang, Shahang Chen, Calvin Chow, Cindy Lam, Danyi Liu, Yi Wang (CUED UG Year 1 & 2, CUHK hosted Industrial Placement Jul-Sep 2018)
- Chamwing Sin, Wingpan So, Haufung Tang (2017)
- Jiani Chen, Wingchung Lau, Kahei To (2018)
- Hong Kong Research Grant Council Theme Based Research Scheme
- Hong Kong Research Grant Council General Research Fund
- Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Fund Innovation and Technology Support Programme
- Hong Kong Jockey Club AI Academy Education Development Grant
- Shun Hing Institute of Advanced Engineering
- Microsoft Research Asia Collaborative Research Grant
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong Direct Allocation Grant
- HTK Version 3.5 Now supports DNN based acoustic modelling and RNN based language model lattice rescoring.
- CUED-RNNLM toolkit for efficient GPU parallel training of RNN based statistical language models.
Some of my published or on-going research work may be
or on third party sites such as ResearchGate, DPLP, and less reliably in GoogleScholar.
|Rm. 708, William M.W. Mong
| TEL: +852 3943 8318
| Chinese University of Hong Kong
|| FAX: +852 2603 5505
|Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong